NBAA, Orlando, — Landmark Aviation used the occasion of the 59th Annual Meeting and Convention of the National Business Aviation Association to announce an outstanding first year of operation and key milestones achieved as a leading aviation services provider.
“Over the past year we have integrated three disparate companies into one robust, unified entity,” said Landmark CEO Roger Wolfe. “This is an incredible accomplishment that reflects the drive, skill and determination of the entire team in establishing Landmark Aviation as the premier aviation service provider.”
The company was formed by the Carlyle Group in 2004 and the Landmark Aviation corporate brand was launched in October of last year, just prior to the NBAA Convention.
Wolfe outlined the successful first year of operation as an integrated company offering a portfolio of aircraft services including maintenance, repair and overhaul; fixed-based operations; aircraft sales and charter; and transport-category aircraft completions. Landmark’s key accomplishments and milestones include:
- Invested more than $25 million in the FBO business, including refurbishments and expansions at several Landmark Aviation facilities
- Changed all signage to reflect the Landmark Aviation corporate identity
- Changed all employee uniforms to Landmark Aviation uniforms
- Integrated 34 FBOs in North America including key facilities at Washington Dulles, White Plains, Los Angeles, Dallas, Scottsdale, Houston, Raleigh, Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver
- Purchased Skyport at White Plains, N.Y., Corporate Jets at Scottsdale, Ariz., and Executive Aircraft Ltd. at Vancouver, British Columbia
- Completely renovated the Los Angeles facility
- Improved and expanded hangar facilities at Raleigh, N.C.; Roanoke, Va; and Toronto
- Signed new airline fueling contracts with American Airlines at Dallas (Love Field), and Jet Blue in Raleigh, N.C.
- Pumped 188,907,544 gallons of fuel
- Fueled 208,271 airline flights on time
- Applied LEAN manufacturing processes throughout engine shops
- Secured Bombardier authorized service center agreement
- Signed five-year technical maintenance training agreement with Bombardier/SimuFlite
- Converted Springfield, Ill., operation into a world-class completion facility
- Accomplished 2,446 airframe inspections, 1,279 mobile service team visits, 4,019 engine repairs, 91 interior refurbishments and 1,626 avionics upgrades and repairs
- Number one Beechcraft distributor for the 11th consecutive year
- Booked $47 million in aircraft sales in the first half of the year
- Added Corporate Jets international Part 135 certification to existing certification and grew charter fleet from 25 to 31 aircraft including Global Express, Gulfstream 400 and Challenger 300
- Currently manage 65 aircraft
- Flew over 8,139 charter hours in the last year
- Reinvented AAC into a true production environment capable of managing multiple projects on time and on budget
- Secured DAS status in second quarter of this year
- Completed and delivered two luxury interior Airbus Corporate Jets
- Completed and delivered three luxury interior Boeing Business Jets
- On track to deliver an additional custom, luxury Airbus Corporate Jet
- Secured orders for additional aircraft creating backlog well into 2007
“These significant accomplishments speak for themselves,” concluded Wolfe. “And this is just the first year. We expect to accomplish even greater things in the year ahead.”
Landmark Aviation, formerly known as Garrett/Piedmont Hawthorne/Associated, is one of North America’s largest providers of comprehensive services for the business aviation industry. Serving 43 locations in North America, the company offers a full range of fixed base operations; maintenance, repair and overhaul; aircraft charter, sales and management; and large aircraft completions. Landmark Aviation is headquartered in Tempe, Ariz. Landmark Aviation is a portfolio company of The Carlyle Group.