National Business Aviation Association Convention, Las Vegas, Nev. – October 13, 2004 – Garrett/Piedmont Hawthorne/Associated, a new company comprised of three of the industry’s most experienced brands – Garrett Aviation Services, Piedmont Hawthorne and Associated Air Center, today announced key executive appointments and revealed its plans for how it will integrate and enhance services to business aircraft owners.
The Carlyle Group completed its transaction to purchase Garrett Aviation Services from General Electric Company on August 27, 2004 and created one of the world’s largest providers of comprehensive services for business aviation. The new company has over 150 years combined experience with a total of 2,500 employees in 41 North American locations providing comprehensive fixed base operations, maintenance, repair and overhaul services, aircraft charter, sales and management.
In today’s press conference at the 57th National Business Aviation Association convention in Las Vegas, Garrett/Piedmont Hawthorne/Associated President and CEO Frank Klaus announced that Brian H. Rowe and Dean Harton have been appointed as chairman and vice chairman of the board of directors, respectively. Rowe retired as chairman of GE Aircraft Engines in 1995 and was co-founder and chairman of AeroEquity. Harton was formerly the president and CEO of Piedmont Hawthorne Holdings, Inc. Klaus also announced that Andrew Farrant has been named vice president of Marketing and Communications, reporting to Shawn Vick, executive vice president for Sales and Marketing.
In addition to bringing onboard some of the industry’s most accomplished leaders, Klaus announced several key initiatives toward creating a unified company and providing added value to customers. These initiatives include:
- Conducting extensive customer interviews
- Creating a Customer Advisory Board and appointing a vice president for Customer Relations
- Signed an agreement with Airbus to make Associated Air Center the first North American Airbus Service Center for the Airbus 319CJ corporate aircraft. Associated is already an Airbus authorized completion center.
- The FBO at Raleigh Durham Airport has relocated, with 88 hundred sq.ft. of office space and 36 thousand sq. ft. of heated hangar space.
- A new FBO hangar is scheduled to open in Cedar Rapids Airport (CID) on October 27 and at Charlottesville Albemarle Airport (CHO) in November.
- Converting the Garrett FBO facilities at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) to brand-leading Piedmont Hawthorne and will soon do the same at George Bush Intercontinental Airport/Houston (IAH) and Springfield- Branson Airport (SGF)
- Completed upgrades at FBOs in Roanoke Regional Airport/Woodrum Field (ROA) and at Dallas Lovefield Airport (DAL).
- Renewed our contract for another three years in West Palm Beach at North Palm Beach County General Aviation Airport (F45)
- The addition of six new aircraft to the charter fleet since May
- Recently made several strategic hires to ensure success, including additional aircraft sales representatives who will focus specifically on the jet market
“There is tremendous potential to harness the synergies of these three powerful brands into a company that can deliver unprecedented value to business aircraft owners,” said Frank Klaus, president and CEO of Garrett/Piedmont Hawthorne/Associated. “We intend to deliver world-class services in a way that will redefine business aviation services.”
While still in the planning stages, Klaus anticipates that early next year the company will unveil a new brand strategy and announce specific details for company plans to standardize business processes, provide a unified Web site, and announce new product and service offerings derived from the ability to combine and cross-sell the breadth of the company’s expertise.
About Garrett/Piedmont Hawthorne/Associated
Created in August 2004 by the Carlyle Group, the world’s largest private investment firm, Garrett/Piedmont Hawthorne/Associated is one of North America’s largest providers of comprehensive services for the business aviation industry. With 41 locations in North America, the company offers a full range of fixed base operations, maintenance, repair and overhaul, aircraft charter, sales and management and large aircraft completions. Garrett/Piedmont Hawthorne/Associated is headquartered in Tempe, Ariz. For more information, please visit www.garrettaviation.com, www.piedmonthawthorne.com and www.associatedaircenter.com.